DateNovember 19, 2017
We are Ambassadors for Christ
We need to develop eternal perspective. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 gives us 3 contrasts to help us understand. Verse 16 tells us that outwardly we are declining, getting older, but inwardly we are being renewed (growing) day by day.
Verse 17 tells us about light and momentary affliction, our present affliction and our eternal way to glory. What seems so impossible to bear now, eternally it will seem like a momentary affliction.
Verse 18 tells us that what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal. We are just traveling through this world.
2 Corinthians 5 gives us 6 perspectives to remember:
- eternal glory – recognize where you are headed
- eternal body – ours is temporary, we’ll get a new body
- eternal purpose – what is your calling, how will God use your gifts
- eternal fellowship – to live is Christ, to die is gain
- eternal fulfillment – glorify God and enjoy him forever
- eternal reward – you are saved, but how will you be rewarded
Man enters this world with his hand clenched – and leaves this world with his hands opened wide.
Other Sermons in this Series
We are Ambassadors for ChristNovember 19, 2017
November 12, 2017